In less than ONE MONTH we will be reviewing all of the completed applications we have received! Our Anchorage and Juneau locations are looking for more applications.
Anchorage Deadline – January 11th, 2019
Juneau Deadline – January 18th, 2019
Here is our application process:
- In order to receive an application, the applicant would need to contact our Apprenticeship Coordinator in the area they live in; Anchorage/Matsu/Kenai/Valdez – Wes Canfield (907-345-3853) or Fairbanks/South East/Interior – Ben VanNort (907-452-3146), and review the minimum requirements and paperwork that should be attached to the application.
- Minimum requirements:
Must be 18 years or older
Must have a High School or GED with transcripts
Must have a Valid Alaska Driver’s License
Must be an Alaskan Resident for 12 months with proof
Must be physically able to perform all duties of a Construction Craft Laborer
Must be able to get to & from work anywhere within the geographical area of this apprenticeship program
Must be Drug Free Must commit to all requirements of the apprenticeship program
- Along with a finished application, please provide a copy of the following documents:
Birth Certificate or SSC
High School Diploma or GED WITH Transcripts
Current and Valid Copy of AK DL Driving Record (acquired at DMV)
Proof of AK Residency(Hunting/fishing license, 2016 PFD application, 2016 W2)
DD-214 if Military
- Complete the Construction Assessment (100 multi-choice questions: This is not a pass or fail test)
- After a completed application is received a Fit For Duty and Physical Assessment will be scheduled.
The Fit For Duty consist of different safety tests ensuring the applicant can properly do a series of exercises and keep their heart rate within a certain range.
The Physical Assessments are different laborer tasks, each with a 4 hour time limit to be completed, including digging an 8ft trench, moving 3yds of material by wheel barrow, erecting and tearing down scaffold, moving a pallet of cinderblocks by hand.
- If the applicant still has an interest to continue an interview is then scheduled.